GO to EEOC Mediation! But not alone!


business meeting

If you believe your employer has discriminated against you, the first thing you should do is go to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and file charges. Shortly after the charges are file the EEOC may contact you and your employer and ask if you are interested in participating in mediation.


Mediation is an informal and confidential way to resolve the dispute. The EEOC provides a neutral mediator who is trained to help resolve these claims. The mediator does not make a legal ruling about who is right or wrong. It’s a free process. We highly recommend it. But we don’t recommend that you attend mediation without an attorney. If you have been offered EEOC mediation, please call us at 1-800-JOB LAWS.